Doctor’s Best Stabilized R-Lipoic Acid with BioEnhanced Na-RALA, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Vegan, Helps Maintain Blood Sugar Levels, 100 mg 180 Veggie Caps
Brand: Doctor's Best
- Alpha-lipoic acid is a naturally occurring vitamin-like nutrient that has been intensely investigated as a beneficial agent for a variety of bodily functions involving the nervous, cardiovascular, immune, and detoxification system.
- It is produced in small amounts in the liver and other body tissues, where it is needed by enzymes to catalyze numerous essential chemical reactions in the body.
- ALA is essential inside the mitochondria of cells, where it is needed to metabolize glucose and direct calories into energy production
- ALA is considered to be a multimodal supplement because, aside from its enzymatic role in energy production, it acts by multiple mechanisms and displays diverse health-enhancing and antioxidant properties
- Label images may vary
- During the summer months products may arrive warm but Amazon stores and ships products in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations, when provided.
- Alpha-lipoic acid comes in two forms, designated as R-lipoic acid and S-lipoic acid
- R-lipoic acid is naturally synthesized by humans, animals, and plants
- S-lipoic acid is formed during chemical synthesis of alpha-lipoic acid, producing a racemic mixture of the two enantiomers
- Defends against free radicals, Recycles antioxidant nutrients such as vitamin C and vitamin E, helps maintain healthy blood sugar level
- Vegan, non-GMO, gluten free
Details: Supports the body’s defense against free radicals. Recycles antioxidant nutrients such as Vitamin C and Vitamin E. An ideal antioxidant would have the ability to quench a wide variety of free radicals, to support the functioning of other antioxidants, to bind or “chelate” metal ions that can generate free radicals, to function in watery and fatty environments, and to be present in tissues, cells, and extracellular spaces. Having exceeded these criteria, Lipoic Acid was termed the “universal antioxidant.” As a team, LA and DHLA come close to the ideal, for the following reasons: 1) LA is easily absorbed when consumed orally. 2) LA is readily converted to DHLA in various tissues. 3) As a pair, LA and DHLA neutralize superoxide, hydroxyl, peroxyl, and hypochlorus radicals. 4) LA and DHLA form stable complexes with metal ions such as iron, manganese, copper and zinc ions. 5) LA and DHLA scavenge free radicals in both fatty and watery environments. 6) DHLA recycles other important antioxidants.
Package Dimensions: 4.4 x 2.4 x 2.3 inches
California Proposition 65 WARNING: Consuming this product can expose you to chemicals including lead which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/food.