Now Vitamin B-12 Complex Liquid 8-Ounce
Brand: NOW Foods
- NERVOUS SYSTEM HEALTH*/ESSENTIAL FOR ENERGY PRODUCTION*: Vitamin B-12 (cobalamin) is a water soluble vitamin necessary for the maintenance of a healthy nervous system and for the production of energy from fats and proteins.* Shake well. In the morning, take 1/4 teaspoon, hold in mouth for 30 seconds, then swallow. Take with a meal.
- LIQUID B-COMPLEX/SUITABLE FOR VEGANS: While B-12 is stored in the liver, dietary sources are of animal origin only (meat and dairy). Therefore, supplementation with B-12 may be especially important for strict vegetarians.
- CERTIFICATIONS/CLASSIFICATIONS: Vegan/Vegetarian, Kosher, Non-GMO, Soy Free, Made without Gluten, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Sugar Free
- GMP Quality Assured: NOW closely adheres to both mandatory U.S. FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP) regulations and voluntary Natural Products Association (NPA) Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) regulations. Good manufacturing practices ensure compliance with sanitation, processing, documentation, and testing requirements that are designed to promote consistent, highly reproducible product quality and safety.
- Packaged in the USA by a family owned and operated company since 1968
Publisher: NOW Foods
Release Date: 17-06-2010
Details: Vitamin B-12 (cyanocobalamin) is a water soluble vitamin necessary for the maintenance of a healthy nervous system and for the production of energy from fats and proteins.* Vitamin B-12 is also essential for the synthesis of DNA during cell division and therefore is especially important for rapidly multiplying cells, such as blood cells.* In addition, adequate intake of vitamin B-12, along with folic acid and vitamin B-6, is critical for the conversion of homocysteine to methionine, thereby supporting a healthy cardiovascular system.* While B-12 is stored in the liver, dietary sources are of animal origin only (meat and dairy). Therefore, supplementation with B-12 may be especially important for strict vegetarians. From the FDA: "As part of a well-balanced diet that is low in saturated fat and cholesterol, Vitamin B-12 may reduce the risk of vascular disease. FDA evaluated the above claim and found that, while it is known that diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol reduce the risk of heart disease and other vascular diseases, the evidence in support of the above claim is inconclusive." Natural color variation may occur in this product.
Package Dimensions: 5.6 x 2.0 x 1.9 inches
California Proposition 65 WARNING: Consuming this product can expose you to chemicals including lead which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/food.