Brand: Doctor's Best
- DOCTOR’S BEST ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID (ALA) - plays an important role in the metabolism of glucose that produces cellular energy in the body. ALA is naturally occurring and functions as an antioxidant throughout the body that helps regenerate other antioxidants such as vitamin C, vitamin E and glutathione. ALA helps support the body’s potential in buffering free radicals for overall well-being.
- SUPPORT YOUR BODY WITH ANTIOXIDANTS – ALA is a powerful antioxidant and supports the regeneration of antioxidants. Alpha lipoid acid also appears to function as a coenzyme in both antioxidant and metabolic functions. Potent antioxidant that is both a water-soluble and fat-soluble antioxidant.
- SUPPORTS THE BODY’S DEFENSE AGAINST FREE RADICALS - recycles antioxidants such as Vitamin C and Vitamin E that have the ability to quench a wide variety of free radicals. Also supports the functioning of other antioxidants that are present in tissues and cells.
- FREE RADICALS FOR OVERALL WELL-BEING – free-radical fighting antioxidant ALA produces energy through ALA supplementation. Helps maintain healthy glucose metabolism, supports healthy aging, cognitive function & brain health, eye health and cardiovascular health
- During the summer months products may arrive warm but Amazon stores and ships products in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations, when provided.
Details: Alpha lipoic acid (ALA) is a fatty acid that functions like a vitamin. ALA plays an important role in the metabolism of glucose that produces energy in cells. Lipoic acid is required for synthesis of acetyl CoA, a key metabolite in the cellular process that turns glucose (blood sugar) into energy. ALA also has antioxidant properties and thus is important for controlling free radicals. Because it is soluble in both water and fat, ALA is sometimes referred to as the "universal antioxidant."
Package Dimensions: 4.4 x 2.4 x 2.4 inches