Jarrow Formulas Virgin Whey Protein Isolate, Sports Nutrition, 16 Ounce
Methyl Folate ((6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid or (6S)-5-MTHF) is the most biologically active form of folic acid. Quatrefolic is the 4th generation development in folate delivery. With certain inherited errors in metabolism and under a variety of physiologic stresses, the transformation of folic acid into the active form of folate either does not properly take place or is inadequate. Unlike folic acid, 5-MTHF can cross the blood-brain barrier. HEALTH CLAIM: Healthful diets with adequate folic acid may reduce a woman's risk of having a child with certain brain or spinal cord defects.
- Pure whey derived directly from fresh milk (not a by-product of cheese making)
- Processed at low temperatures to preserve native bioactive whey protein fractions
- 22g undenatured protein per serving
- 12g essential amino acids (rich in branched chain amino acids) per serving
- 100 percent fat-free and <1g natural carbohydrate per serving