Brand: Source Naturals
- AHCC (active hexose correlated compound) is a mushroom blend that offers highly advanced support for immune defense.
- Your body’s trillions of cells are susceptible to free radicals, pollutants, and stress, so a healthy immune system uses its first line of defense—natural killer (NK) cells.
- The effectiveness of NK cells depends on their activity level, so supporting NK activity is a smart strategy for maintaining vibrant health.
- AHCC is a rich source of: polysaccharides (beta glucan 1, 3 and activated hemicellulose), glycoproteins, amino acids and minerals. It is produced by enzymatic modification of several mushrooms, including shiitake, and derived from organically cultivated mushroom mycelia (the rich pre-mushroom stage, a network of fibrous filaments plus the medium it lives on and uses for fuel).
- According to preclinical human and animal studies, AHCC may significantly enhance NK and macrophage activity. Macrophages are white blood cells that support immunity.
Details: AHCC is a proprietary compound produced by cultivation of shiitake mushroom mycelia, grown in rice bran extract. Considered a superfood supplement in Japan, AHCC has been researched extensively for its immune enhancement properties. Preliminary research indicates that AHCC may significantly increase Natural Killer (NK) Cell activity. There is also evidence to suggest that AHCC may increase macrophage activity, enhance cytokine production, and support the healthy functioning of the liver as well as act as an antioxidant.
Package Dimensions: 3.7 x 2.6 x 2.0 inches