Dietary supplement. P-5'-P (pyridoxal 5' -Phosphate). Promotes a healthy nervous system. In order for vitamins to be utilized by the body, they must first be converted into their active coenzyme forms.
- Pyridoxal-5'-Phosphate (PLP or P-5'-P) is the main metabollically active conzyme form of vitamin B-6
- This active form allows for the best absorption, because it is ready to go to work immediately
- Vitamin B-6 is the collective term for a group of three related compounds, pyridoxine, pyridoxal and pyridoxamine
- Required for the metabolism of lipids, carbohydrates, and proteins
- It can be difficult to get enough of this vitamin from dietary sources alone because cooking can destroy much of the B-6 content