Melatonin is a hormone that is produced naturally by the pineal gland. At night, higher levels of melatonin is held by the body to induce and maintain sleep. The normal cycles of melatonin production are altered due to factors including aging, medications, and light exposure at night. Something as small as travel, working nights or possibly using a computer screen may greatly impact melatonins production. Melatonin is a natural sleep aid having hypnotic and relaxing effects, which helps to maintain a regular sleep cycle.
- Melatonin supplements can safely and effectively restore balance to the bodys circadian rhythm of this important hormonehelping achieve a restful nights sleep and keeping your biological clock ticking throughout a long, healthy life span.
- Melatonin, unlike other antioxidants, easily diffuses into all cells, and even crosses the blood-brain barrier to protect the delicate brain.
- Melatonin is a powerful and versatile antioxidant produced within the body. Melatonin protects both lipids and proteins against damage, and can scavenge some of the most dangerous free radicals in the body.
- Suitable for vegetarians. Contains no yeast, dairy, egg, gluten, soy, wheat, sugar, salt, artificial color, flavor or fragrance.
- Vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine) added for increased immune efficency and health.